Mgp caliper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

platinum007

Reaction score
Those look sweet, do they fit stock 17 wheel because that's what I have?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they won't fit stock 17's...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just saw some of these on a vette the other day. Kinda cheesy if you ask me.

I mean, are you trying to fool people in to thinking that you have a big brake kit installed?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no...i'n personalizing my truck...im not into what ppl think...no one should...i got them because i havent seen anyone with them and i think it looks good...where ppl are painting calipers...i have covers...and with my car/truck club...i just took it up a notch with modifications...it would be different if i stated they were calipers...but i always state covers...they dont even know where to get them...for my its about personalizing my truck...making it look good overall...i have rims...now covers that say "ROSS"...same color as my truck...just might get 1st place at a show...lol...combine that with my decale overlays...my truck is referred to as "DA ROSS" at work...lol

Reaction score
I've been contemplating getting these but I am afraid of the cheese factor and wasting $200! I have the factory chrome/plastic 20" and I am worried there is too much space between the caliper and rim that will show the top part of the caliper that isn't covered. In the past I have always completely removed my calipers and painted them with 3 or 4 coats of red rotor paint then 3 or 4 coats of high temp clear and they turn out great. Thought these may be a little easier and give it the "big brake" appearance without all the effort. Post up some pics when you get them on.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They cover the top of the caliper completely...sides and top of caliper is covered...you need 20's or better in order to use them and need at least 1/4" spacing after install...

Reaction score
I got a set of red MGP caliper coverson Friday that I bought off of Ebay for $179. Pulled them out of the box and couldn't believe they cost me that much. The cheese factor is quite high with these things but I figured I got them what the heck lets see what they look like. I have the factory 20" plastic/chrome Expedition wheels, according to everything I read these will fit with no problem so up on the jack stands my Expedition went and off with the wheels. Right off the bat I notice the installation hardware is a joke, I mean really bad. I watched an installation video on EBay of these and kinda thought they were hokey and I only confirmed that once I started to mount them. The front caliper cover if installed correctly will rub against the inside of the rim, I found this out after I re-installed the from wheel and spun it by hand and rubbed all the paint off the inside of the caliper cover. The rear went on without incident. From 20-30' away these things look pretty bad-ass. You get about 5-10' away and you can see the caliper behind it and the bad mounting brackets. I'm contemplating sending them back but I may make some modification and I think they can look pretty trick. Just hate the fact I spend that much money and I'm going to need to modify them quite a bit to get them to look right. If you are considering getting a pair I HIGHLY recommend you paint your caliper to match, if you don't they look pretty cheap from up close. The powder coating on them or paint is pretty thin, I had one fall out of the box and onto an epoxy covered garage floor from about 8" and it left two nicks in them. Not sure how well they are gonna hold up after 6 months on the calipers. Still can't decide what I am gonna do with them. If they were under $100 I'd probably be more inclinded to modify them to fit. The concept of them is pretty good but I am not really sure the quality is there for what they are charging for them. JMHO.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would just paint the calipers. Mine are painted red and look awesome. People ask if they are after market brakes. They turned out great but it is a lot of effort but on the flip side, the paint kit only cost $15. The benifit is you have ceramic coated calipers that are corrosion resistant and look great. I did a how to on it as well if you are curious of how they turned out. It def was worth the time i put in and it looks great with my rims which are just stock chrome Eddie Bauer rims btw.