Mgp caliper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finally got them on...not happy...so i will be painting calipers black then putting covers on...i paid $400...as stated above...waiste of money but i didnt know until putting them on...and the website shows them different on the cars

IMG-20120808-00283.jpg
IMG-20120808-00285.jpg

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You ought to get corrosion resistant rotors to match your rims. If your gonna get paint i did a how to on it. Ceramic brush on works great.

Reaction score
finally got them on...not happy...so i will be painting calipers black then putting covers on...i paid $400...as stated above...waiste of money but i didnt know until putting them on...and the website shows them different on the cars

Freeway I felt the same way, I wasn't happy at all with the way they looked. The brackets to mount them on are a joke, look horrible and in my opinion weren't really a secure long term way to mount them. I only paid $200 for mine and though that was a rip-off, couldn't imagine how pissed I would have been if I had the $400 custom ones like you got.

I will admit they look really good from 20+ feet away, but I have to get the calipers painted the same color as the covers because up close it looks a little ricey. I'll eventually get it looking good but the covers I don't think "fit" the way they show they will fit on their website. I'll eventually get some pics up of mine when I am done.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Again, I kind of think that these things are like those spinner hub caps that Walmart sold. You're just not fooling anyone.

On the other side of things, if you grind the stock calipers smooth and get all the casting marks off of them, they look really nice when painted.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freeway I felt the same way, I wasn't happy at all with the way they looked. The brackets to mount them on are a joke, look horrible and in my opinion weren't really a secure long term way to mount them. I only paid $200 for mine and though that was a rip-off, couldn't imagine how pissed I would have been if I had the $400 custom ones like you got.

I will admit they look really good from 20+ feet away, but I have to get the calipers painted the same color as the covers because up close it looks a little ricey. I'll eventually get it looking good but the covers I don't think "fit" the way they show they will fit on their website. I'll eventually get some pics up of mine when I am done.

i wouldnt say ricey...but they dont look the way they show on the site...and they do seem like they dont fit...at least the fronts...the rear are ok...yeah...$400 for the custom...PTM and name in black...calipers will get painted black

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ground the casting marks smooth on my rears but the paint acutally smoothed out really well so you almost dont have too. I guess its all up to you but the front calipers would take forever.

X.handyman89.X

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a really good deal on ebay for some slotted and drilled rotors and brake pads for the front and rear.

[FRONT + REAR KIT] 4 PERFORMANCE DRILLED SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS AND 8 CERAMIC PADS | eBay

I used some dupicolor caliper paint kit. Its easy to use and it comes with a little can of paint and a paitn brush, like this you can get the paint were you want it. Next i used some header exauhst clear coat spray paint , its very high temperature rated. In all i paid 230 bucks for the whole job and it looks very good, i will take some pics tomorrow.

X.handyman89.X

Full Access Members
Reaction score
7761031734_7ed02e312b_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7761027402_b2edda3dd9_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7761022986_593475a797_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Would look better if i had bigger rims lol, but the covers are a little expencive. Painting your calipers, in my opinion, are better than the covers. I just dont know how long the paint will last, I painted mine like 4 months ago and they still look very good.