Mgp caliper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, i think the paint durability really has to do with how u prepared your calipers before painting. I have access to sand blasters at work so i had mine all stripped down to the metal.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plastic Brembo caliper covers= around $20 bucks
Real Brembo big brake kit (1 pair, front)= around $4500 bucks
"Cheese factor" saves you over $4000 bucks!
But oh are those real Brembo kits sweet!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plastic Brembo caliper covers= around $20 bucks
Real Brembo big brake kit (1 pair, front)= around $4500 bucks
"Cheese factor" saves you over $4000 bucks!
But oh are those real Brembo kits sweet!

gotta link?

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Just sayin' 20 bucks on eBay will get you into the cheese club. Without trailer brakes on my twenty something ft. boat trailer, slowing down hill, my front calipers would probably melt those things. Immeasurable on a street machine, but still, on our heavy trucks, you don't want to keep any heat inside those calipers with some fake covers to impair brake performance. Maybe ceramic paint, but the real thing or nothing.

Reaction score
So I spent all day "fixing" the MGP flaws. I think the only way these things don't look as cheesy is if you paint the caliper to match. If you get a set of these I'd HIGHLY recommend throwing all the mounting hardware in the garbage. Remove the threaded mounts from the caliper cover, line it up on the caliper mount and drill a hole into the caliper mount. Then pop rivot them onto the caliper. I tried to use sheet metal screws to hold them in place but that cast metal just strips out. Pop rivot worked great and I am hoping won't get loose like the screws probably will.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 205
  • MGP Cover.jpg
    MGP Cover.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,423
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,561
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 172
  • AfterRear.jpg
    AfterRear.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure which way I am gonna wind up going. I kinda like the "Stealth" look with the plasti-dip painted wheels but I don't know how well they will hold up long term. (I know I still have the painters tape on the back of the rim. I needed to get them slapped back on because it was starting to rain.

Attachments

• Chrome.jpg
    Chrome.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Plastidip.jpg
    Plastidip.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,012
Reaction score
The rain kinda screwed up my plasti-dip project but I think I like the black wheels, really sets off the calipers. Now all I need to do is figure out a wau to get thos billboards that say Expedition off of my doors. Cannot believe they used mounting pins behind those emblems!! I tried plasti-dipping them but I didn't like the way they looked.

Attachments

• FullView.jpg
    FullView.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 188

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah looks good...im going to do my caliper black cuz they dont make estate green in caliper paint