Miles per tank thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Post up how many miles per tank you get each fill up. Just filled up today and my trip said 310 mikes when the light came on. Keep track and post your recordings

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depending on how my foot feels and setting on programmer i get 400-430 per tank

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might want to add if it's city, freeway, or mixed driving.

I'm getting over 300 to a tank, but I can't remember the exact number. I'll have to pay attention this time around since I just filled up this weekend. I think I've been averaging 11-12mpg. 99% of my driving is stop light to stop light. And I imagine the rims aren't helping things.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
When the truck was stock, I would routinely get around 425-450 miles to a tank which was a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving (around 16 mpg). With the lift and oversized tires, I am pulling around 350 miles to a tank regardless of whether I am in town or on the highway (13 mpg).

OP
OP
J

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why the hell am I gettig 300 miles when I drive highway 50 miles a day never above 70

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I am lucky lately to get 240 miles. All city driving/ short trips about 10 mpg... :bawl: I never do run it to empty though. Don't want to risk the fuel pump sucking air so I generally fill up at around 1/4 tank. The sump is not that deep and fuel will move around unless you drive like granny. My driving style may move fuel around more than your typical driver. Most I have pumped is 23 gallons.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Can we quantify smiles per tank?? :pepper:

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
386 Miles if I drive like an adult but 300ish if I drive like the 15 year old I am... All I can say is my Magnaflow and K&N really sound awsome! One thing I dont like I have to work like 15 hours to fill the tank from bone dry haha but I still love my Expedition