Mishimoto Intercooler+hot/cold charge pipe kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the F-150 Ecoboost site, they (Mishimoto) recently mentioned nearing completion of their '15+ hot/cold charge pipes, apparently the charge pipes from pre '15 models are some kind of different configuration???

Fast forward to TODAY, they posted a "pre-sale" on these charge pipes in various configurations, just hot, just cold, both with their intercooler (which many seem very pleased with) etc etc etc. The pipes are available polished or with a black coating, much like their intercooler which could be had in silver or black as well.

It is very tempting, (with the colossal discount ~ <$1200 including standard shipping!).
The catch, it might not ship until the mid to end of November. Wahn wahn wahnnnnnn.

Problem I have is, I'm not sold on the charge pipes' effectiveness vs cost??? Me thinks in the normal course of driving, it's more fluff, than anything. If I were a goon looking for every last tenth from a standstill in the quarter mile...

Anyhoo, if anyone is contemplating acquiring a decent intercooler with a little bit extra greatness this deal is comparatively hard to beat...

Now, if Garrett would suddenly knock 20% (or more from the ~$900 price) of their CAC, IdI be Happy...Happy...Happy and have my order placed!!!
Link to "sale" .... https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/...l-ecoboost-intercooler-pipes.html#post1203372

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish someone would come up with a kit that mounts the intercooler higher up on the radiator so I can install a hidden winch since the factory IC sit in the perfect winch install location.

These kits don’t seem quite cost effective to me. Not a huge gain for the cost alone unless coupled with some other pretty heavy mods.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Idiot question here: what do these things accomplish for you?

The cooler the charges air downstream from the turbos before the intake manifold yields a better combustion and greater oxygen content.

This is why heat soak kills power.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish someone would come up with a kit that mounts the intercooler higher up on the radiator so I can install a hidden winch since the factory IC sit in the perfect winch install location.
These kits don’t seem quite cost effective to me. Not a huge gain for the cost alone unless coupled with some other pretty heavy mods.

Have you heard or checked On3performance.com? Some have said they ripped off FullRace, I prefer to think, they actually make them for FullRace and the desert addicts place. To me it makes more sense, but even if they did copy...who cares? Obviously it's not patent infringement, otherwise On3 would not continue to make and sell their own branded version, for essentially half price. I'm not too sold on the idea of blocking that much of the radiator, for something that is driven in a lot of stop and go traffic at times.
Idiot question here: what do these things accomplish for you?
@Blackscreen67 summed it up well. It's not so much about what I would/will gain, but what I won't lose...mpg, HP, due to the OEM unit built at a mass production price point.

The cooler the charges air downstream from the turbos before the intake manifold yields a better combustion and greater oxygen content.

This is why heat soak kills power.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am familiar with On3 just not that kit.
I’ll have to check it out more at home as their site really sucks on the phone.
Wonder how much modifying to the pipes in the kit would need to be done for the Expedition. If they are even compatible at all.

The intercooler is fin faced just like a radiator so you aren’t blocking air flow at all. Maybe slightly on the ends where the tanks are but plenty of front mount intercooler setups have a larger inter cooler in front of the radiator with no issue.

18-FX4-GUY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I had my Misho on my F150 it kept air about 8-10 degrees over outside air when just cruising and when I got on it dropped to about 2-5 degrees over ambient here in the desert. Stock would get to be like 18-20 over ambient worse when heat soaked when I did all my monitoring. My Truck was a dog in the heat of summer stock. It much better when after I did the Misho CAC. I emailed them to see if the 2018 F150 fir our waiting to here back still. Or see if anyone puts that or the Garret in and see if any fitment issues. Now its cooling off I have a some months to wait.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On3s website is just as horrendous on a computer.
But it looks from one of the pics on the white F150 that the black y shaped pipe goes directly under the intercooler and smack in the middle of where one would mount a winch.