mod, for DRL light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cammdoc

Reaction score
I am looking for any help Does anyone know how to change the daytime running lights from the low beams to the fog lights or a set of LED lights on a 2000 expedition

Last edited:

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine in an 02 XLT and I don't have DRL. Was that an option or maybe part of the Eddie Bouer Package?

OP
OP
C

cammdoc

Reaction score
well ist a 2000 eddie baure but i live in canada new autos have to have daytime running lights.

dtd07

Reaction score
If you already have DRL..you can rewire the relay out to something else. I know that on some 06 Navigator the DRL drives the fogs. Try looking between the washier fluid and radiator frame. you might see a plastic box with two relays on it. one is for the DRL. let me know what you find.

OP
OP
C

cammdoc

Reaction score
If you already have DRL..you can rewire the relay out to something else. I know that on some 06 Navigator the DRL drives the fogs. Try looking between the washier fluid and radiator frame. you might see a plastic box with two relays on it. one is for the DRL. let me know what you find.
yes i found the drl relay is in the top of the dash inder a oval cover thanks. do you know of any mods to it?

dtd07

Reaction score
cammdoc...I don't know too much about your 2000 EB, there is a diagram on the relay. with that you can figured out what the output for the DRL would be. to test it just pull out the wire for that pin # and run your own DRL wire from it to some LED strips. if you want to hook it up to the fogs you can disconnect the original fog wire (+) and use the new wire that you just ran from the relay.
remember to tape up any wire that is bare/loose just for safety..
My 06 don't have DRL so I ran a fused wire from the junction box to a pair of LED strips. Same idea.

Flangehead

Reaction score
don't mean to bring up old posts, but i was thinking about doing this too, did any one find out how to do it? ( i also have a 2000 EB)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would say try what was posted previously to yours...reply back with outcome good/bad