My 2nd mod: No more dangle cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking take the door off, and shave down the tabs a bit, then put a plate in there in place of the black dome. Would make getting the back light circuit easy.
Want to put strobe controls, and a switch and indicator for high idle. And move the current switch up there. Thinking I'll use those aviation style ones and get different colored covers for color maybe. Colors and location will determine which ones are which.

IMG_6660.jpg
IMG_6661.jpg
IMG_6662.jpg
IMG_6663.jpg
the temp switch for strobes and the get out of my way button.
IMG_6664.jpg
Theres inner and outer, can't catch em together though.:shootout:

OP
OP
G

gakman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is this compartment for?

My opinion is that this is the perfect spot for your control panel. It is large enough and is in the correct spot when you are driving. Really cool flipping overhead switches - like when you get into a jet ;)

Why don't you pull this panel out and snap some pictures of the back?

avro-01.jpg

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats a sunglasses compartment. I use it, although come the situation I could ditch em. It is in the better position and give more room. I was thinking the jet idea too, already excited to use them lol.

The DVD screen is actually pretty good. It's made by a company called Coolnavi thats a part of Coolsat. If your in the free to air satilite world you'll know the brand. I'm Canadian, FTA sat is my shinnanigans. :)

It has quite a bit of options. Has a movie player, GPS, music player, FM transmitter, aux out, and two aux video in for cameras/other players. When I put the two ambers in the rear I'm going to make a box that is going to mount on the top of the window inside the back. I'll be mounting the night vision camera I have back there at the same time and hook it up to this thing. The angle is a bit shallow that I can only see an inch before the hitch but good for extra reference.

Only its foriegn made so the instructions aren't the greatest and their drivers/OS are their own and don't follow typical standards. Example, the maps are on a flash card, thats custom designed and won't be read by anything else. But the other SD card slot for like you music and movies is normal drivers. A flaw, but I got it for cheap so. After using it for a while I like it more.

The mount I made for it is beefy as the frame. I used 1/4 steel from 1/4 1x1 angle. What I had lying around. Lots of cutting and welding. It's fully adjustable and rock solid, won't move unless you hit rumble strips. Removable too, otherwise the dash would of been permanent after that.

I'll get some pics soon, my dad took the truck north to work on his motorhome.

http://www.coolsatusa.com/inc.php?inc=pro_navi700

Every once and a while the GPS freezes when your inputing an address, not that big a deal though.

Last edited: