My 99

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
l_283bf794ffa6a54b77bb85fcf4a20b13.jpg

l_9b5096efa234438aee3fca4f69ab929e.jpg

l_2793525c599e2da719b6256500b0ea47.jpg

Still gotta drop another 10 G's into this baby to get her where I want her to be.

Gonna get a new hood, get it lowered, underglow, a better sound system, rebuilt engine, new paint job, and some other minor things.

Keep in mind I'm only 16 ;].

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was going to suggest getting it lowered :) What are you going to do to the engine?

OP
OP
B

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right now, not 100% sure. It has 130k miles on it and I'm gonna have to start replacing close to everything to have it running like new. Gonna take it in and get it checked out in the next couple weeks cause my friends dad works for Ford and is the #1 distributer of Ford parts in Arizona and New Mexico. He said he can pretty much get me any parts I need for an instant 30-60% off cause he'd be ordering it directly from the factory with no middle-man.

And which lowering kit you think I should get? The 1.5" or the 2"? Is there that big of a difference between the two in the way it turns on?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about lowering kits themselves. But with the current tire/wheel combo you have, it seems that you are riding "high."

I do know that generally speaking, lower means better handling.

OP
OP
B

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's sitting high right now cause its a 4x4 and it comes with the factory stock lift kit. I could get it leveled out or just lower it. Which I've seen a couple Expo's with the same body style but lowered so there is close to no gap between the tires and the bottem of the fender and they only had 20" max wheels. And it still looked hella nice. Not saying 22" will make any more of an impact then 20", but it will definitely look a hell of a lot better than it does now.

Plus everyone I know says it sits up too high and it makes the rims looks tiny looking at it from the side. Eventhough they are 22 inches, the overall size of the Expo with the stock lift puts the rims out of proportion. So I think when I lower it that it will fix the ratio quite a bit and make the rims look bigger than they do now.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I remember correctly there aren't many lowering kits for the 4wd or they aren't available in low numbers or they are expensive. I forget. I don't like it lowered so.

You have 10Gs lying around and your only 16? holy crap.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CASH MON-EY! :D

Hmm, how bout dropping in a replacement engine and supercharging the beast :)

OP
OP
B

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha, you guys misunderstood. I still have 10,000 that I need to put into it. Like, I don't have the money right now but its the grand total for how much it's going to cost me to get my Expo where I want it to be.

And there are lowering kits, but they run around 600-700 bucks. Which through my hookup with Ford, I can get for around 300-400.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen