My X build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sweet thanks tallsville - i looked at the pics and yours is the same color as mine so the pics helped out a lot, think if i just did a 2" level kit they would rub? can i just trim that little peice?

trying to go cheap as possible since i cant afford a money tree

OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
saw those and was thinking about it but i also saw these in 2" and 2.5". i think with 285's that is enough clearance for what i want. also trying to save$ wherever i can cuz the wife said i can get a tuner!!! lookin at the SCT X3 and keep seeing used ones for $250 with 4 or 5 unlocks left and un married.

OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep checked there website and put my truck in and it pops up, just does not come with can tunes. which is fine. i would want a custom tune anyways.

okiranger

Reaction score
Not sure if you have your tires yet, but look at the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I put 285/75/17 on my 4x4 X and they fit with no rubbing. I've got almost 40k miles out of them already and they are barely looking used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okiranger, i looked at those then looked at the price, cant do it... thanx though... my brother (always been a Ford and 4x4 guy) has pretty much talked me into the Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo 2. Gonna start purchasing 1 tire a month or so.

bought 4 cans of plastidip today and hopefully will have time to plastidip and rotate the wheels this weekend

OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
didn't get to the wheels yet BUT i did plastidip the front grill/chrome trim and expedition emblem on the back... i think it looks friggin sweet.. its been raining ALL day so cant get pics yet. this was my first time using plastidip and this stuff makes me wanna dip EVERYTHING that's black on the truck!

how well does the plastidip hold up on the window moldings?

i also got the bottom frame of the cargo rack all welded up tonight. cant wait to get this thing done!

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
didn't get to the wheels yet BUT i did plastidip the front grill/chrome trim and expedition emblem on the back... i think it looks friggin sweet.. its been raining ALL day so cant get pics yet. this was my first time using plastidip and this stuff makes me wanna dip EVERYTHING that's black on the truck!

how well does the plastidip hold up on the window moldings?

i also got the bottom frame of the cargo rack all welded up tonight. cant wait to get this thing done!

Pics [when you have time].
Thanks.
PanHandler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker