Need HELP with indash DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a indash dvd hooked up , need to find out how to hookup the parking wire and brake check ground, when you put the dvd in it goes into driver safe mode and turns blue when you parked... bought it off of ebay... Please help ....

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Angel, Bought mine to off ebay...but had it installed...I hope you have better luck as I paid 265.00 for double din and its junk...some things you need to see and touch and have an English manual that makes since.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i sure hope it works, everything else works fine, radio, ipod hookup etc, i can hear the movie playing but not on the screen.. im gonna go to my audio guy and see what he says... just wanted to ask here first...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TexasAngel, if you go on ebay and search the model# of your radio, it should also show any relays and/or wiring needed to make it play dvd's while driving. Some radios you can just groud a certain wire, some need a little more "convincing".

locoman687

Reaction score
I just installed my pioneer avh-3100dvd and all i had to do is use a simple toggle switch. one side of the switch is grounded and the other side is connected to the parking brake wire on the back of the unit. post what unit you have and i'll try and help you out the best i can. i've done dozen or so of these.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wahoooooo got it figured out, it was the brake wire had to be grounded, looked on ebay for the item i bought and wala it was right there how to do it.. Boy did i feel like a dumb dumb lol... thanks again...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder if this will work on my pioneer avic-d3...i switched a pin and it worked...but i dont have "every" option...cant sync address book and little things like that...so i have no caller ID...i might try this one day....ground the parking brake...

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive seen around the net that alot of the avic units don't work by simply grounding out the parking brake. on my AVH-P4300 I had to buy a relay cause if it sensed that it was grounded out when you turned it on it wouldn't let you watch dvd's it needed to have a second between the unit turning on and the parking brake grounding

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Kenwood unit just needed the parking brake wire grounded too. Glad you figured it out for an easy fix.