Need some stereo input...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok before I get cajones deep in an install and find out issues let me be prepared ahead of time.

Bought the wife a 2005 Eddie Bauer a few weeks ago. I am going to install all new stereo pieces. Massive audio components, massive audio coaxials, Rockford amp, infinity 10" sub in a ported box, and last but not least a double din hu. Now what am I going to need for adapter harnesses to keep the steering wheel controls, rear controls, backup sensors and last but not least, the rear DVD setup. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gregg

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It is appreciated. I am looking at using the new Pioneer app radio. It runs off of the iPhone. I'm not looking to play videos on the head unit, just retain how the DVD player works now. Is it going to be pretty much the same process? The head unit I want doesn't have a cd/DVD player in it. That's why it is vital that the DVD works like stock.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you will lose the rear console radio controls once you remove the stock HU, you will need to splice the wires in the DVD harness like I did so you will have sound through the headphones. The Audio out from the DVD runs a long loop from the DVD to the HU, to the rear controls and back again. Once the HU is gone, no sound will be there.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the backup sensors wont be affected by this...everything else will and you'll need the steering wheel adapter to maintain those functions...