New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do those programmers allow you to update tire size with gear ratio along with fuel, air, spark and timing? I do not want it if I can not program the speedo and trans shift points due to larger tires and gears.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes you can...i have 24's and updated my truck to acommodate them

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I was having problems with a intermitten odometer going in and out on the digital display. So tonite I finally went and took the cluster out and took it apart. I found a cold solder joint on one of nine prongs going thru the mother board that control the digital odometer display. I re-soldered it and while I was at I went ahead and installed a white indiglo cluster overlay. After it was all done, it turned out pretty sharp. As you can see also in the pics that the odometer is working again as it should.
sdfsdf.jpg
fdgsdgfd.jpg
gchfgh.jpg

Last edited:

Tha1Mike

Reaction score
Let me introduce myself, I am Bill a disabled Airborne Army Vet, I am not new to the forum world as I am a MOD on another site and Lifetime member on others. So reading and searching is the norm with me, so no need for a NOOB banner, HAHA.

Well, I just purchased a 99 Ex XLT 4x4, Gold or Tan? in color yesterday. I brought it home today. It is a cream puff of sorts as the interior is a 9.7 out of 10 and the exterior is a 9 out of 10, minus a few small scratches, 0 rust and 0 dents. The drive train is clean and dry, and all bushings and or seals are in exceptional condition, has 120k on the odometer. Only downfall as I see it is that it has the 4.6 instead of the 5.4. But too good of condition to pass up for the money spent. I just went on line and purchased about 2k worth of parts to add on next week, gotta wait on the brown truck, no fun. So here is the list of parts so far, all the red words are links to the parts,....

I went to AutoZone and got a full set of Camo seat covers with matching steering wheel cover and front and rear mats, and some vent visors. I just purchased a set of Tires, Rims, a 3/2 LIFT, and a Muffler, and Tips, also a K/N FIPK, I will get all this in the mail by Thanksgiving and have it on and up and running. I am hoping everything turns out the way I have envisioned it to look. I have built and modified many Bronco's and Explorers in the past and this is my first Expedition. So I will be posting pics of the truck tomorrow. And then pics of the build within the week as the parts come in. So it looks as if I am going to be very busy for next week or so.

I have been reading alot of threads on here and this is how I came up with this set-up I am going for.

:cheers:

Just wanted to say thanks. I love our armed forces. I am a medical reject from the Marines. Discharged Nov.1999 when I bought my Expedition. God Bless America!!

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got the tuner in today and I installed a tune called 87 octane. After I installed the new tune, I took it for a test drive. I programmed it for the 33" tires and firmer shift points. I could not believe the difference with that tune. It takes off like it has a purpose, shifts much firmer, and the speedo is correct along with proper RPM ranges. Even at cruising speed, a partial throttle will cause the truck to take off quickly. Before the tune, the engine lagged at throttle response and required almost if not all throttle allowed to get it to take off when needed. No longer is that the issue. I am so happy with this EVOHT tuner it is just unbelievable. Money so well spent and there is 4 other tunes to use under the advance tuning. One of them is called Extreme, and I can't imagine what that will do after just using the 87 Octane tune. I recommend this to all that is looking for performance in the palm of your hand. It is alittle pricey at $400.00 to your door, but damn, it will pay for itself with fuel economy.
gkjgyhjk.jpg
hjhgj.jpg