New 2015 Platinum Blue Jeans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
jjmac...congrats on the ride. I have an 08 EL Limited and can't really add to the discussion save one or two things... the MPG might be off a bit due to the size of the vehicle (weight) versus the truck, would be my guess but I night be talkin out my butt on that... just my opinion.... also... i get you on the door lock thing..stabs me in the elbow too. I would be interested in the tail gate and how it fairs due to weathering....

I have two captains chairs for the 2nd row which I looked for as access to 3rd row annoyed me with a complete bench but that's just me. Also..I am 6'2 and any other brand had NO room in the back for me, but the Expedition had room behind driver so..made the decision easy.

anyhoos....... congrats on the purchase and enjoy the miles!!

OP
OP
J

jjmac1235

Reaction score
Update.

After a few weeks with the truck I wanted to give an update.

Really love this truck. Smooth as silk. So far no mechanical issues. Remote start works great. Stereo sounds great. Really no complaints regarding electrical or mechanical. I think the only complaint I would have is how slow the navigation is to enter addresses and other slow functions of the center console entertainment system. The rear heat control is counter intuitive as well. Hard to determine the temp, fan speed and frankly weather or not is even on.

I have noticed more and more that the truck really lacks storage. I really didn't want to get the EL version cause it just makes the SUV that much bigger, but there is hardly any storage in this vehicle. Once you are loaded with kids and their cargo (book bags, sports stuff, instruments) there is no room left for anything. I think they could probably find a way to make some storage cubbies on the sides of the 3rd row above the wheel well. It would be nice to have a place to store jumper cables and tow rope and other basic repair necessities.

Once again this is where my fold flat hatred comes from. It would be nice to store some things under the seats. But you can't. They are all locked in place and there is no under seat storage due to the nature of the fold flat hinging.

Other than that the truck is pretty freaking awesome.

Last edited:

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are wanting to store a small amount of things I use where the jack is to store quite a few items. I have jumper cables, small tow strap, band aids, poncho, jersey gloves, and a thin vinyl mat I can unroll and lay down so I do not get the carpet dirty. I don't know if the 4th gens have the same amount of room but it worked well in my 04

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update.

Once again this is where my fold flat hatred comes from. It would be nice to store some things under the seats. But you can't. They are all locked in place and there is no under seat storage due to the nature of the fold flat.

Im new to having a big truck as my 99 explorer didnt have a third row. I agree my nav doesnt have near as much storage as it can handle, bad packaging on fords part which i hope they fix on the 18s. However i never knew of a gmc and currently toyota(only suv now with removable third rows) having abundunt storage in the third row esp under the seat. Are you saying they should make the third row like minivan's where theres usually a seat storage which doubles as cargo storage...that may make more sense. My dads 15 escalade has a third row thats foldable but theres no extra storage and i would hate to put someone back there. Maybe if matters to some ppl less but id rather have ppl room in the third row or why not get a minivan...then again ppl who buy a three row truck but a ford mbz or toyota dont rele care for third row ppl room.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree on the lack of storage, and I remember stressing about that with the first Expedition I had. The best solution I came up with was buying one of these Husky tool bags at Home Depot. It holds my jumper cables, tow strap, hitch, a few ratchet straps, a folding shovel, electric brake controller, first aid kit and a few other small things. It's heavy enough that it never slides around. When I have the entire 3rd row up, it still fits behind the seats (reg. Expy, not EL). When I fold the 3rd row down, I toss it up behind the 2nd row. When I have all the seats folded to haul plywood, etc, the bag fits in the gap between the 2nd and 3rd row.

This has worked out well for me and I don't really comlpain about storage anymore. Hope this helps....

Attachments

• 02-11-2016 1-53-59 PM.jpg
    02-11-2016 1-53-59 PM.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 45

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree on the lack of storage, and I remember stressing about that with the first Expedition I had. The best solution I came up with was buying one of these Husky tool bags at Home Depot. It holds my jumper cables, tow strap, hitch, a few ratchet straps, a folding shovel, electric brake controller, first aid kit and a few other small things. It's heavy enough that it never slides around. When I have the entire 3rd row up, it still fits behind the seats (reg. Expy, not EL). When I fold the 3rd row down, I toss it up behind the 2nd row. When I have all the seats folded to haul plywood, etc, the bag fits in the gap between the 2nd and 3rd row.

This has worked out well for me and I don't really comlpain about storage anymore. Hope this helps....

I like this idea. What size did you get, the 12" or 18" bag?

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I measured it and it's more like 16", so maybe they call that 18. It just needs to be big enough to fit your stuff but narrow enough that you can close the hatch with the 3rd row up. It's worked out very well for me.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I measured it and it's more like 16", so maybe they call that 18. It just needs to be big enough to fit your stuff but narrow enough that you can close the hatch with the 3rd row up. It's worked out very well for me.

Thanks! On my list for pickup today!

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree on the lack of storage, and I remember stressing about that with the first Expedition I had. The best solution I came up with was buying one of these Husky tool bags at Home Depot.

The 10" version of this bag was on clearance for $2.88 and I missed it. Yep, I paid $28K for a 4 year old truck and I'm concerned about saving $5 on a tool bag. :emotions34: