New Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GP-TJ

Reaction score
When I got the 2000 EB in Feb 2007, I noticed it cranked kind of hard. The first time in for an oil change, I looked over the previous owners records and it was noted that the battery was bad. They tested it and told me it was bad. I final put a new one in today. The thing cranks like crazy now. It is really amazing the difference. I guess my gauges won't go crazy at start up now...

Since the engine/transmission is computer controlled, will this new battery effect the way it runs. I noticed my MPG display was reading a lot higher tonight when I drove it for the first time. Just wondering.

Today I left the back window open while loading my trailer. The thing needed a jump after sitting there. I am ready for Winter now.

GP

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would help the computer if you were losing power constantly as the computer erases it's memory when it loses power. the MPG can be from it, or from just driving more economically.

2002EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The battery is there to start the vehicle and to provide electrical power when the engine is not running.

Your alternator provides electrical power to the vehicle while the engine is running.

It is unlikely you'll notice any performance gains with a new battery.

2002EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by GP-TJ

Today I left the back window open while loading my trailer. The thing needed a jump after sitting there. I am ready for Winter now.

GP

I noticed on my 02 that when the back glass is open, my running board lights stay on.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Same here. Today too. I have a Priority Start on the battery, though, so all it did was cut all the power off until I pressed the brake pedal to reset it. Have to reset my clock, though. And all the trip mileage and fuel economy is back to 0. My Explorer does this and I hate it too.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
G

GP-TJ

Reaction score
Originally posted by chuck s
Same here. Today too. I have a Priority Start on the battery, though, so all it did was cut all the power off until I pressed the brake pedal to reset it. Have to reset my clock, though. And all the trip mileage and fuel economy is back to 0. My Explorer does this and I hate it too.

-- Chuck

My trip computer and everything was back to 0. My running board lights stay on too. Everything is working now with the new battery.

GP