New Extended Warranty opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dspud2006

Reaction score
I thought I paid 600 for an extended warranty when I purchased my new expedition a few days ago. It was for 7 years and 100,000 miles. Come to find out, it was 2600, as they used a Illinois farm member bonus cash offer to pay for 2000 of it and “somehow” it wasn’t made clear to me that i could use the 2000 on the price of the truck itself, which I would have done If I would have known.

So what’s everyone’s opinion? The dealership has said I can cancel the extended warranty within 30 days and get my money back, but I thought maybe I could instead negotiate a longer warranty. I saw on another thread that they go up to 10 years and 125,000 miles.

For the record, I often say I’m going to keep a vehicle past 3-4 years but rarely do, usually because circumstances change and I need something different. I also will not run up 36,000 miles in the three years of the basic number to bumper. Am I better off to wait and cancel my extended warranty right now and if I think I am going to keep my vehicle longer around the 3 year mark to purchase an extended warranty then? From what I can tell this warranty is basically worthless until the initial bumper to bumper warranty is up.

Suvguy

Reaction score
Two things.

1) 2600 is high for the warranty you picked.
2) If you aren’t going to keep the vehicle for the entire warranty period, why are you paying for it?

Get your money back and If you want the warranty, Check out lombardfordwarrantys.com to get an idea on what to pay. I’m not saying buy from these guys but use info as a baseline.

I used their numbers to negotiate with my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every vehicle I bought new, I still own. None ever had an extended warranty, and none have ever needed any dealer repairs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev