New front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black 4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recently I made a couple of other posts about my trucks steering problems, so decided to get the entire front end of the car replaced.

So I went and ordered the 12 piece front end rebuild kit, to be safe got a new power steering gearbox with a dorman steering shaft. And since truck was gonna be in pieces I got a pair of monroe sensatracks shocks and replaced the pads and rotors. Also got a coolant flush, oil change and AC recharge.

My mechanic got the brake pads and rotors for me also provided the coolant, oil and the AC refrigerant.

And to complete the whole thing I'm going in a couple of hours to get four new tires put on and alignment done.

Can't wait to put the tires on and go for a long drive. :driver: :smile:

Here are the old parts. (the other rotor and the shock are laying around the shop somewhere) :biggrin:

C357B7F5-FCA6-4073-BC86-EA627B010DB6_zps8lzp36tu.jpg
F492E850-CDD8-46BF-9DB6-81CD55F02C27_zpsiycpoate.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

black 4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everything is installed and the truck runs great. Also installed a set of Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 but can't get the alignment quite right. Alignment shop said I need a camber kit so went and bought them then installed them. Going back tomorrow to get it realigned so hopefully it'll be perfect.
I'll do an update tomorrow.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What brand is the suspension rebuild kit?

csdangerous

Reaction score
Nice. I just did the same. New ball joints, control arms, pitman, idler...She rides like a dream! I have those same tires, BTW, and they are GREAT. Good traction and they last forever. You'll love 'em.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus