New Guy from SE MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R6 Forever

Reaction score
Hello all!

Buying a 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition with 170k miles on it.
Using it for a daily driver ( 20 miles round trip ) and to tow a 5x8 open trailer with motorcycle and extras to the track 2x a month when warm.

I normally borrow a tow vehicle, so this will be my first true owned 4x4.

I am tool friendly, do all the wrenching on my bike and 2004 Neon.

What are the items that might need attention now?

Have heard "horror stories" on 2 items:

Spark plug ejection from the head
Cruise control fire while engine off

Thank you for the time!

PS: I track a Yamaha R6, not afraid to go fast! :winner_first_h4h:

B

bedrck46

welcome As far as plugs most on here recommend Motorcraft also when changing plugs take your time to remove them buy turning out and in if any resistance is felt When installing new plugs Torque them to specs If you have the 5.4 engine you may also want to install new COP's if you don't feel you need new coils at least install new boots with new plugs. If you plan on doing your own work you may want to consider a,

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik