New to the Forums, new to Expeditions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
not new to Fords.

This is the 13th Ford I have purchased. Obviously a fan despite the bumps along the road.

Background. I had a Mercury Marauder and wanted a new motorcycle. Wife told me to buy the bike as long as I sold the Marauder and bought her a cheap SUV. Done, done and finally... done.

1997 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4.6L White/Grey Cloth

I think I got an OK deal. Truck has 170k on it, mechanically sound, very minor issues on the inside (drivers side rear window doesn't go down, power mirror switch will not turn the mirrors to the right and a few loose interior trim pieces that could use some tape or something.) I am pretty mechanically inclined and I can fix the minor issues without a problem.

Under the hood I noticed the windshield washer resivior/pump was missing along with a few disconnected wires. The air compressor for the suspension was also 1/2 way taken apart. I looked underneath and I see 4 brand new shocks. So that nightmare I don't have to worry about.

Ran and drove beautifully, tracked straight, brakes strong, no leaks.

$2500

It'll be used to haul the wife 3 miles to work and back, the occasional trip to the dog park with our two mutts and possible to the market.

We have a Volvo S60 for everyday use and I ride my motorcycle daily for everything I need to do.

Anyways... I figured I'd join the site so I can research and keep in the know about certain mods, tricks and tip.

Pleasure to be a part!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt