New Life for a Great Old Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZuluBravoTango

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well we have finally started in on Old Faithful. She is a 2000 5.4L 4WD with 135k flawless miles on her. I am attached to it, as it has served as transport for the 3 kids and my wife through some impressive winters in the highlands of Colorado. Now we moved down to civilization, I bought the wife a minivan and finally inherited the Expy. My son and I pulled the running boards off it, and put a SuperChips tune on her this afternoon. I have a Surco safari rack on the way, and some electric fans that I'm depending on Thermo to help me get running right! I am considering the PE 5" BL & Leveling combo kit, and went down and picked a set of steelies out at Discount Tire. Hopefully this all comes together quickly. Here are the before pics, and I will keep this updated as the saga continues. I do want to thank everyone here on the forum for all their help and time. Oh and note the dealer stock sticker in the window... almost traded her... finally came to my senses.
So, lets get started...
IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
ZBT, why go through all the work. For $5000, you can have Nukie with all the work done for you. LMAO. Just what you need, 2 Expy's sitting in the driveway.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:smiley-face-popcorn

ahh watching another expy be born.... damn I need to do something else to mine

OP
OP
ZuluBravoTango

ZuluBravoTango

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't that like selling a child at the point of effort he has put into it?
I would like the experience of building my own. It's fun to come home and hope to find some new goodies left by the UPS guy. It will be a good diversion for the boy and I.