New owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings!

I wanted to say hello. I had a Ford Explorer Sport 2014, loved it. Our boys grew so fast and it no longer worked. My hubby surprised me with 2018 Expedition Max. I LOVE this car. It’s larger and roomier but doesn’t feel like a tank.

Blessed to be here and sooo happy!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum. When we began our search we first looked at the Explorer because we wanted 3rd row seating... the explorer 3rd row was sooooo small! My wife was reluctant to go to the size of the Expedition butbhesring your comments about it not driving like a tank are reassuring.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad to help! My hubby has a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat and the Max feels smaller but more confident. I wasn’t sure that the 22’s were going to ride nice, but they do!

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Hubby has surprised me with it! Took 6 months!

Wow, what a great surprise and congratulations!!

You mentioned the Explorer being to small for your kids because they grew up; how many do you have? I have 3 and think the Expedition Max will be perfect for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, 2 boys. The 13 is 6 feet tall and growing, and an 11 year old whose about to hit a growth spurt. We have my mom in law whose really involved with our lives and a father in law who visits often.

We travel up north and need the room! It’s perfect and we are not cramped! No more knees in my back.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, 2 boys. The 13 is 6 feet tall and growing, and an 11 year old whose about to hit a growth spurt. We have my mom in law whose really involved with our lives and a father in law who visits often.

We travel up north and need the room! It’s perfect and we are not cramped! No more knees in my back.
In-law visits were a big factor for us as well. When you need room for 7-8 there are zero substitutes for space.