new paint new interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barigyasi

Reaction score
fender inserts I really like. took about an hour to install. The only thing was is the support brace in the fender you have to cut minimum of 4inches from back of fender to clear which leaves a small hole left from the emblem that was removed so you have to patch and bondo it up.

I got the carpet from Ebay which if you buy the front passenger area and the cargo area separate you save some money. They are both molded and cost was 260. for both. I also sprayed a sound deadner down then put dyna mat down on that so should be nice and quiet.

awesome build bro!

just wondering, did you plasti-dip the truck or use actual paint?
I also live in bama, closer to montgomery.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love the fender inserts...been on my list of things to do...just patiently waiting to do mine...I think I want to go with the range rover inserts...something different

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
well I finally got some more stuff done on my expy. I have it painted anthracite grey metallic. New black carpet and have all plastic dyed black. just waiting on door panels from upholstery shop. I feel the end near since I have been working on this thing for a year now.

I have also installed my new transmission which is bullet proof. Billet intermediate shaft, input and output with kevlar clutches and shift kit. With also billet Torque converter.

So here are some recent pictures of before and after paint. Granted just did this this weekend so have not cleaned it up yet.

I really like those front fender air vents..where did you get those and can the be function-able?

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fender inserts are from street scene they are a copy of the land rover ones no differance between the two. They are 60 buck on ebay shipping included. Easy to install

The truck is Plastidipped. I had it sanded for paint and every paint shop I found didnt want to use the HOT ROD FLATZ paint. So I got tired and just dipped it. Came out great I did the door jams and all. I did have to touch up a couple spot that I didnt clean good enough and it let loose from the paint just took some thinner to re-liquify it then coated over it again. I think it will be better if I scratch this stuff I will not freak out just spray another coat on her.

The inerior is a mix all plastic is dyed using SHOW ROOM NEW (this stuff is awesome) like 50 bucks for 4 bottlles of it and a foam 3inch roller one coat from grey to black and it looks factory. The vinyl I used duplicolor vinyl and carpet and also sprayed my headliner with it as well. I will post pics once I have the interior all back together.

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! can't believe how the underside looks better than when it probably rolled off the line! you would think they would do something like that straight from the factory but then I guess job security and all. Great job!

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! can't believe how the underside looks better than when it probably rolled off the line! you would think they would do something like that straight from the factory but then I guess job security and all. Great job!

Yeah back then they didn't concentrate on corrosion resistance. This is always been a north Alabama truck so no rust issues here. Up north I'm surprised they are still holding together. Now a days it completely different. I work for a supply company that makes the whole uni-body for the Mercedes M-class, R-class and starting the new C-class. We do so many corrosion test now plus for the front and rear bumpers we MIG braze them with aluminum bronze that way it will not rust. There is a 20 year corrosion warranty now a days with the new coating technology.

barigyasi

Reaction score
Yeah back then they didn't concentrate on corrosion resistance. This is always been a north Alabama truck so no rust issues here. Up north I'm surprised they are still holding together. Now a days it completely different. I work for a supply company that makes the whole uni-body for the Mercedes M-class, R-class and starting the new C-class. We do so many corrosion test now plus for the front and rear bumpers we MIG braze them with aluminum bronze that way it will not rust. There is a 20 year corrosion warranty now a days with the new coating technology.

Haha i work at hyundai in the paint dept. and actually spray rust preventive wax in cavities on the body!