New tires, new pics on the trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some guy on f150online just got them with 16x10 rims. looks really good! i'm going to get those next time. but i see those hankooks a lot around my house and i liked them. almost got me a set.

OP
OP
Poppa Wheelie

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are holding up very well. I drive A LOT. Bought them July 3rd and the are just now showing any wear. Still love em. Not sure on price, as I got them on a special. If there's a Discount/America's Tire near you, they can get them.

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question but are these tow rated or just mud terrain tires. If they are not tow rated, do they have a model that are tow rated?

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's crazy that you got those things to fit without a lift... apparently my tires are in the "extreme fit" category according to Discount Tire. Plus, mine rub very little when I turn all the way.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question but are these tow rated or just mud terrain tires. If they are not tow rated, do they have a model that are tow rated?

they are load E. so it can hold up a lot. so your better off towing with a load E then a load D or C. and i know when i get my 35s with out the body lift now that will be a snug fit! haha

OP
OP
Poppa Wheelie

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are an E load rated tire for sure. Load rating is actually higher than my identical size E rated BFG ATs. Be careful though, cuz these ratings are at 80 psi. Ever drive and Expy with 80 psi tires? Not fun, I imagine. 60 is bad enough, I usually run 40. Higher for trips with the Weekend Warrior

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are an E load rated tire for sure. Load rating is actually higher than my identical size E rated BFG ATs. Be careful though, cuz these ratings are at 80 psi. Ever drive and Expy with 80 psi tires? Not fun, I imagine. 60 is bad enough, I usually run 40. Higher for trips with the Weekend Warrior

thats what i mean. you can get higher psi for towing loads. which is better for towing.

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats what i mean. you can get higher psi for towing loads. which is better for towing.

So whats a good medium for normal street driving but occasional towing a 18'ft trailer? Im assuming the higher the psi the more bouncy? Anybody reccomend a good towing tire thats doesnt require the high psi or does that not make sense? Sorry for the threadjack but Im about to purchase new tires for 2 Expy's and want to make sure I can tow with them but not have a tire with harsh ride when I am not towing. thanks

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So whats a good medium for normal street driving but occasional towing a 18'ft trailer? Im assuming the higher the psi the more bouncy? Anybody reccomend a good towing tire thats doesnt require the high psi or does that not make sense? Sorry for the threadjack but Im about to purchase new tires for 2 Expy's and want to make sure I can tow with them but not have a tire with harsh ride when I am not towing. thanks

How many pounds loaded is your 18 foot trailer? IMO if you are towing under 5000-6000 pounds (the expy has a tough time with more than that) you can go with load range D tire. I just got a new set of Falken Rocky Mountain tires (285/75/16) that are fairly quiet on the road and still have enough bite to get you to where you want to go. Check my link in the reviews forum.

Here is a link to where I bought mine. Discount Tire is a great company to do business with.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=18281&counter=2&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=285

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes the more psi the more bouncy, but the more pounds of a trailer the more psi the better. so E load is the best bet if you tow a lot. if not then D load would be good. also if you ever lower the tire pressure to off road then E is also the best bet. you can lower it to 10 psi with out bead locks and not worry. and even lower with bead locks. Falken tire was testing out the Rocky Mountains and they went down to 4 psi in the mud and dirt last year. now thats low.