New to expeditions...new to site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonhall

Reaction score
picked up an 03 expedition yesterday, but it has a couple small issues. 1..the door ajar light stays on, i sprayed wd-40 on door latches, no help. 2..the interior lights dont work due to a blown fuse, attempted to change fuse, and it blew as soon as it touched panel. assuming loose wire somewhere, but is there a common place for this to happen?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know where but this was talked about in the past and somewhere is a fix to this...do a search for "ajar" and see what come up...may take a while but its in here...

welcome to the forum...

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome! The blown fuse sounds like a short in the wiring somewhere.

starbuck478

Reaction score
welcome aboard I had the same issue with the door ajar thing and couldn't come up with a fix even after I isolated the doors with the issue and replaced the door lock actuators on them so I ended up just grounding the wire responsible. bad news is the lights don't come on when I open those doors since the truck thinks they're closed all the time with the ground but it gets that annoying light out of your face and you don't have to deal with all the map lights staying on waiting for you to "close the door"