New wheels/tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to frequent this site till about two years ago when I came down with pneumonia which led to other health problems. Things are finally getting back to normal, or at least as normal as I was before I got sick :crazy:, and the first thing I am looking to do it get a new set of wheels and tires. I am looking at these wheels Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
and these tires Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct I just wanted to know if the wheels will work with the offset being slightly negative and will an almost 33 inch tire fit without any lift. I don't see a problem with the back with it being a few inch higher after taking the air suspension out. I'm also going to get my guy to crank the torsion bars when he puts them on.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a 33 will fit with no lift...but with the negative offset...the wills may rub on turns...Im thinking they will hit the fender on the outside

OP
OP
thebeast1190

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those were one of the wheels there site suggested but then I saw the offset was -6, do you know what the stock wheels offset is? I think I read somewhere it was around 0 or 10 but I cant remember. I am driving to Florida next Friday so I was trying to order them tonight so I would get them in time.

OP
OP
thebeast1190

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a post on another site made by discount tire saying the 02 (I would assume would be the same as the 99) having a offset range of -6/+25. Would that still hold true with a 33 inch tire?

OP
OP
thebeast1190

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have decided to get a 3" body lift. Do you think I could fit that wheel with the lift? I found a place in Westchester, maddogservice, that said it would about $400 or $500 plus anything that breaks while it is coming apart. I have never heard that before, is there normally a chance of things breaking doing a body lift?

N3K01

Reaction score
I'm running 33" cooper tires and no lift, there are no real problems, but the tires do rub a little when turning all the way around

Waylap

Reaction score
I just got similar wheels, same make from them but the outlaws on my 2006. You NEED to speak with them on the phone and make SURE they send you the correct lug nuts!!!! Your factory ones won't fit, too thick acorn style. The ones you need are small diameter spline drive, but DTD will send you ones that are freaking two inches long which will not allow you to put on the center cap!!!! The lugs they send are made by Gorilla and need to be the spline drive, short open end lugs. Mine were model # 26008sd. Go to the gorilla automotive website to see them for yourself. It doesn't matter yours is a different year, the lugs they will send are too long and I highly doubt they fixed the snafu after my hassle with them last week. I'm STILL waiting for the correct ones to arrive from DTD so I can replace them one by one outside in 5* weather and put my center caps on.

Waylap

Reaction score
Oh, and the lift. I have this (LIFT KIT NYLON B FRONT 3.5" & REAR 2.5" EXPEDITION 03-11 2WD 4WD $125.00). Ebay
On the way with 33" tires and probably looking at 2-3 hrs labor charge for installing it and mounting the new tires.

OP
OP
thebeast1190

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If anyone who has done something similar can give me some quick help. I should be leaving tomorrow night on a road trip. I was planing to have my new wheels and tires (285/17/16) put on today with rear coil spacer and the tt. The spacers should have been delivered on Monday but I still haven't received them. Will the tires fit with just the tt and nothing done in the back? If not I have to figure out what else to do because my tires really need to be replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1