Newb knocking the dust off of old faithful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CADWELL

Reaction score
Hello all...

Joined the site to do some research on some stuff I need to do on my Expi. It's a 1997 EB 4.6 4wd with 160k miles , K&N intake and filter, Magnaflow Catback, Fabtech 6", 3" body 17x14 Eagles w/ Baja Klaws.

I had to turn my Tacoma over to my son who just got his license so for now I'm stuck with this gas guzzling, 9 mi. a gal. 6000 lb anvil on wheels. I can't complain to much though at this point because she is still running strong and she's been with me since '97.

First off I need to figure out how to get to the frt pass. Side window motor and most of all any advice on getting better gas milage would be much appreciatted. I'll be doing some searching on here but I'm open to any advice.Thanks....

mrocks05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. Search for the Gotts mod. Many on here have tried it and have gotten good results as far as mpg and performance.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It definitely makes a difference. Combine that with a k and n like you have and you should be golden. Maybe give seafoam a shot. The vacuum line approach does a better job.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome!!! 9 MPG!!!!:shrug: dang my 5.4 with 225k miles gets 18 mpg:drool:

First I would change the plugs, air filter, fuel filter and a belt