no 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh1095

Reaction score
got a question for all of ya. i have a 99 so its a torque on demand system.
was working fine but now it wont switch to 4hi or 4lo. i hear the relay clicking in the dash like normal but it goes like 3 times and then stops. no dash lights come on and i confirmed im not in 4wd. the tcase motor is not engaging. fuse 104 is good. the torque on demand system still works too. if i spin the rear tires the front grable immediately. im thinking a tcase motor. whats ur thoughts?

OP
OP
J

josh1095

Reaction score
its gotta be that. typical motor failure. i just tried it before going to the store. just turned it back and forth a couple times making sure i hear the relay in the dash. about the third time i heard it actually move and the light lit up. same for 4lo. motor is going bad, mustve had moisture in it from the rain the other day. well, ive got a spare. hell, i have an entire tcase with it!lol

BassinFever

Reaction score
I have had one of those motors apart and they can be cleaned and put back into service! A little emery paper on the armature is all it takes unless the brush's are worn out and that is not likely!

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had an issue with the vacuum solenoid on the passenger side fire wall not engaging the front axle. Not sure how a 00 is set up but mine is a 97.