No abs light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just noticed that when I turn the key to the on position and all the dash lights test themselves, that I don't seem to have an abs light. I do have the regular "brake" light, is there a seperate one for abs?

Could someone with a 98 that has a mechanical odometer check for me?
I guess that I'll also have to check to see if the previous owner decided to pull the fuse.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
abs_light_97_expedition.jpg

mine does its right around the 6k rpm and btw i have a 97

Last edited:

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i changed the image location for ya should be able so see it now

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well there is a spot for that light on my dash but it never goes on.

Both of the abs fuses are fine, so it seems like someone, somehow disabled the abs system another way. It may just be for the better since the oversized tires would probably make the system act funny any way.

Do any of you other big tire guys have abs performance issues? I'm just not sure if I should make this a priority to repair. Especially since there are sooo many other things that I'd like to do to the truck.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking.

Not sure if it'll work on your Expy, but if you have digital readout for the odometer, it should. I think you hold down the reset peg, then turn the key (while still holding the peg down) to the RUN position. The cluster enters a diagnostic mode. You push one of the pegs (I think the reset one) to scroll through the options. One of them (maybe the second one?) lights up all the bulbs in the cluster.

As a side note, there's some cool options there. You can have, for example, the tach show up where the milage is. Granted, you have to redo the procedure everytime you start up the truck, plus, it resets your tripometer.

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have the old style odo.

I didn't thing it was a big deal until I found out (too late) that my Edge programmer can't adjust for tire size without the digital odo.