No air blowing in rear: A/C nor Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jennifer Fradella

Full Access Members
Reaction score
X2 on Andy’s suggestion, check for blowing air. Keep in mind when you use the heat in the rear it normally blows out the floor ducts not the headliner ducts 90% of the time the way most people set it. If it’s set to come out the floor ducts you have to feel low for air movement or temp.
So is it normal for the heat to not blow out of the top headliner, and only the AC? The heat blows out the vent in the rear that’s right under the actuator.

I changed out both actuators in the rear and that’s what’s happening.

Jen

Jennifer Fradella

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well for heat you want it coming from the bottom and if you can hear it and feel warm air coming from the bottom your blower is working. Have you checked to see if the controls in the back are set to floor only? Not insulting your intelligence we all miss little things sometimes and just checking. if not a diverter somewhere must be stuck I’m not 100% on how the rear HVAC switches from floor to headliner vents. But for example in my truck whenever I turn the rear heat on it comes out the floor ducts, if I run A/C it comes out the headliner vents.
Ok so this is the normal. Glad to know. I now have a spare actuator lol.

Jen