No brake light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hetzi1

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Ford expedition XLT Eddie Bauer, and when I got the vehicle there are no wires going to the two pronged brake light switch on the pedal. I have tried to look up a few different wiring diagrams. I am pretty good with electrical, and I know that I have to have a power wire going to one of the prongs on the switch, however the output or the other side of the switch I'm not sure where to wire into. Two different diagrams showed two different things. One diagram showed that the wire going out from the switch goes to the hazard circuit. The other diagram showed that the wire goes to the relay junction under the hood. I know that the green wire with the red Chase is the incoming wire from the fuse block located under the dash. The solid green wire that should be there, goes somewhere?? If anyone good provide me with the exact answer there? I do not understand why the wires are not there? I have looked under the dashboard, and it does not appear that anyone has tampered with any kind of wiring under there and I simply cannot find the connector and wires. I have no idea why the previous owner would have this this way? Baffling!