"No GPS" showing up on Navigation screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lloydhowse

Reaction score
I have an orange box with a diagonal line through it which surrounds the message "No GPS". The navigation has been working erratically lately, and this message always appears. Anyone have any suggestions?

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have nav in my new Expedition but in my old one I had to take out the disc and re-enter it sometimes to get it to read correctly

OP
OP
L

Lloydhowse

Reaction score
"No Gps" indicated on navigation screen

Thanks, but my nav system uses a hard drive, so no DVD. Odd, but it seems to operate fine, but the icon is disturbing.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the disc or hard drive, it has to do with the GPS antenna. Check to make sure it is fully plugged in to the radio and there are no metal objects blocking it.

p.s. some brands of window tint can cause problems.

Matt

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
I have an orange box with a diagonal line through it which surrounds the message "No GPS". The navigation has been working erratically lately, and this message always appears. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Lloydhowse,

I wanted to build off of RI-Matt's comment, which is completely accurate - obstructions can take many different forms when dealing with GPS antennae issues. The first thing I would seek to accomplish would be to ensure this isn't just some software hiccup. PM your VIN over and I'll provide some more specific instructions based on what's installed in your vehicle.

Antonio

Mikeywez

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a 2012 Limited Max or “El”. Same thing, recently I have the “no gps” symbol and the map shows me somewhere completely wrong. The antenna isn’t obstructed, so I am just wondering if it came unplugged somewhere. Any advice as to where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817