No heat in front but I have heat on the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be heater core, probably is, but be sure blender doors are functioning properly.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First thing you want to do is check the hoses going into and out of the front heater core.
Get the engine up to operating temp and check to see if both hoses are about the same temp. If the inlet is hot and the outlet is cold then you have a blocked core if both are hot and about the same temp then your problem is with the blend door or actuators

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
David, theirs a front and rear heater core on all expeditions. Do as Bedrck stated, make sure your front core under hood passenger side is hot going in, and coming out. The fact the rear blows warm, you can bypass testing rear core. The rear core is located on drivers side rear to middle of vehicle behind panels. Look online, their are great videos that show you. Try flushing front first, after being sure all doors are functioning, along with aforementioned tests. Post your results.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk