No low end power when warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbveenker

Reaction score
I have a 2003 5.4l expedition. When the engine is cold it runs normal no problems. Once the engine warms up it still sounds like it is running normal but when you take off from a stop you have to basically put the pedal to the floor to get it moving (as if you tried to take off in 3rd gear, but it is shifting correctly). Once it gets to about 15-20mph power wise it seems to be fine. Another strange thing is it doesn't seem to be a problem or as much of a problem in the winter time, but now that it's summer it is back to doing it and I'm sick of it haha. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Something like that happened to me gosh maybe 12-15 years ago I had a Taurus. I would floor it off the line and it would crawl to 20 or so before suddenly all power kicks in, had no CEL and I was still a noob in auto mechanics but eventually turned out to be my spark plug wires were bad. Now I know this isn't much help since u have direct coil system but it does give you an idea I hope, check your ignition system, do a tune up its the cheapest and easiest way to start at it.