No power to stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Simmons

Reaction score
Ok, so i bought a 97 expedition xlt a few days ago it came with a really nice jvc stereo and remote looks brand new its dead with no power which sucks at least being able to tell the time or play a cd would be cool.. i checked the fuse seems fine no issues i also used a voltmeter to check the current i set it at DC and 20 volts and got nothing.. as well as when i opened up and checked out the wiring the antenna is rusty and the top part that plugs in fell off.. also the plug that looks like an aux plug in the back is cut .. do i need that? if so how do i rewire it? also any way to, and if so how do i rewire another antenna?.. and have you ever seen something like this were unit is not powering on or showing any signs of life along with no power coming through wires?? everything looks correctly wired.

thanks in advance!!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the fuses in the mini fuse block? There are 2 fuses in that block
And there is also one fuse in the other fuse block under the hood and one fuse in the fuse block under the dash

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are TWO fuse blocks under the hood The main power distribution and a mini fuse block that contains 5 fuses They are very close to each other. Then there is one under the dash on the drivers side.

I am sending you a PM check your iinbox

OP
OP
David Simmons

David Simmons

Reaction score
This issue has been resolved! I was looking at wrong diagram... I used owners manual and it was just missing the fuse! Good news thanks all.