Noise Dampening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpref23

Reaction score
1999 2WD EB Expy - Anybody know any products to dampen cabin noise? Any suggestions are welcome.

JP

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You can also use a spray on product called Lizard Skin.

The problem is that in order for it (or dynamat) to work, it needs to be on the inside of the cabin. That means basically gutting the interior to apply the stuff. Lots of work.

Undercoating will help, but you may want to examine your choice of tires, since that is the cause of quite a bit or interior noise.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of the audiophiles out there use a product called dynamat.

Not super cheap, but effective at noise suppression I've heard.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=pTKaTemSDOPQiALW6smdCQ&ved=0CE4Q8wIwBQ#

Check this link for a sample.

There are many other SOUND DEADENING products out there. Dynamat is just the best known.

There are plenty of ways to deaden the cabin jst depends on how much time and money you want to spend. As well as the level of deadening you want Theres may types and styles and everyone has their favorites. Spray on, roll on, rubber based matt, elastomeric byutl base mat, foam, foam rubber, etc. Just choose what works for you

I noticed a huge difference just doing the 4 doors and tailgate with sound deadening matt. Just make sure you do the inner AND outer skins. I also took it a step further and sprayed the parts I couldnt reach with the matt with a spray on version. After that its time to remove the interior, floors are a definite. Then rear quarters and if your doign it right, the roof as well. I have only known a few guys to go all the way and do a spray on liner on the underside but my god it sounded AMAZING. Well didnt sound liek anything but thats the point.

heardj

Reaction score
I know this is a few months old, go to menards and in the patio/deck area buy protecto wrap. its $15 for a roll (6" wide 25' long). Like others have said you do have to gut the interior where ever you want to apply it.

Heres a picture.

IMG_20110719_182312.jpg
IMG_20110718_100506.jpg

Last edited:

Starman

Reaction score
I used peel n seal, available a Lowes. search for peel and seal
Cheap, and you can add another layer if needed.
I did this to my Bronco a couple years ago, I still need to do the cab area. After a day or two, you won't smell the asphalt as some complain about. I did mine in the summer time, it has held up very well, no odor after 3 years. 18 bux for a 25 foot by 6" roll.It took me 3 rolls to do everything behind the front seats, beside the cap, left that alone.
Theres a few video's on youtube, search for peel and seal.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/741147/fullsize/p6090003.jpg

Attachments

• p6090003.jpg
    p6090003.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 153
  • p6080024.jpg
    p6080024.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 160
  • p6080035.jpg
    p6080035.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited: