Non-dorman Intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my intake manifold gasket to resolve a CEL issue. Looked at the manifold while it was out and didnt find any cracks. Howver I noticed it continues to leak coolant.

Probably gonna have to bite the bullet and replace the manifold. I have seen in previous posts where Amazon sells a Non-dorman OEM manifold for a decent price, but can't find it in my search. Didn't find on Rock auto either. Can someone forward a link and/or part number for the OEM intake manifold?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. I just bought that Ford intake. Seems like a better piece than the Dorman that it replaced.

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion having replaced one. Holding side by side the dorman has a bigger air box between the heads on the bottom, don’t know but might have given better air flow. On my 5.4

Daveyj

Reaction score
From what I've seen most who install the Dorman remove it within 30-50,000 miles.

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Dorman looked anemic compared to those pictures. And the bottom picture, I think the Dorman is on the right.

The Dorman gaskets sucked for me. The manifold itself survived the 42k miles and 2.5 years- just not the gaskets. And the bolt holding the underside of the aluminum crossover was also loose and leaking (have to remove intake to get to).