o2 expy awd woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 02 expedition in awd mode i believe is slipping / skipping. At first i thought it was how it was suppose to feel. As the rear tires lose traction the front grabs and slips. Grabs and slips. Sounds nasty. Is there a servicable clutch pack in the tcase? Im leaving it in 2wd mode until i figure this out. Easier to repair if its not grenaded. 4h and 4 lo work perfectly. Any ideas?

B

bedrck46

how many miles on the expy

could possibly be

Front and rear output shaft speed sensors (Hall effect sensor output: 11.86 Hz/km/h).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score

could possibly be

Front and rear output shaft speed sensors (Hall effect sensor output: 11.86 Hz/km/h).

237000 kilometers. Original owners are from rossland bc ski town .so it saw the netter part of its life in the snow

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score

could possibly be

Would datastream show outputs for both sensors? They should match i guess until rear wheel slip

B

bedrck46

Measure the resistance between transfer case assembly C1019 pin 2, circuit 772 (LB) component side and transfer case assembly C1019 pin 6, circuit 682 (GY/RD) component side; and between transfer case assembly C1019 pin 4, circuit 435 (BK/LG) component side and transfer case assembly C1019 pin 8, circuit 682 (GY/RD) component side.

Are the resistances less than 10,000 ohms?
Yes
If terminals 2 and 6 are less than 10,000 ohms, REPLACE rear Hall effect sensor.

If terminals 4 and 8 are less than 10,000 ohms, REPLACE front Hall effect sensor.

Last edited by a moderator: