OEM wheel clearcoat peeling - anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The clearcoat on my OEM wheels is peeling off like burned skin. 3 out of 4 of them!!!!!

IMG_0852.jpeg

These wheels have been babied. I'm the only one who has ever cleaned this vehicle, + no solvents or chem cleaners ever used on these - only water through a garden hose and a soft non-abrasive sponge.

Anyone else having this issue? If so any path to recourse with Ford helping out on refin or anything? 2019 Limited. I have ESP but out of 3/36 of course... the dealerships shrug & say there's nothing they can do.

I have to say, it's a pretty hard pill to swallow, this $75k vehicle @ 4yrs old, with wheels like this, when i take such good care of it.. It's really disappointing. I can say that NONE of my other vehicles have ever peeled like this, even after a decades + (my 23 yr old 2001 audi's wheel finish was mint when i sold it this year, and it never saw a garage in it's 240k mile long life.) I see 10 year old KIA's with better condition wheels. Come on FORD... you can do better. What is it they say - Quality is job 1? end rant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt