Oh Lordy, pls help..I won't be able to stand this for my 16 hour drive!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LoL ok so I leave for an 16 hour road trip in less than 2 days. When i was driving to tampa yesterday, my locks starting locking and unlocking uncontrollably on the highway!! click click click click click all the way! I somehow managed stop it by fiddling with my remote, but what if it starts happening again on my roadtrip?? Any thoughts?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats weird that it did that.... I thought the remote doesn't work when the truck is on... but I would find the fuse if it starts... or if the remote is the problem take out the battery on the remote

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it dose sound like that. i would just pull the fuse if you can figure out which on it is.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
BlackExpy, I would venture to guess that it isn't your remote that is acting up, but it is one of your lock buttons on the front doors. Pull the bezel off of the driver's door and undo the plug for the door locks. Drive around some more and see if that stops the locks from acting up. If it does, then it confirms a bad switch. If it doesn't, reinstall the driver's door lock switch and remove the passenger door lock switch. if that doesn't fix it, then we are looking at something a bit more serious and we will deal with that if we get there.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BlackExpy, I would venture to guess that it isn't your remote that is acting up, but it is one of your lock buttons on the front doors. Pull the bezel off of the driver's door and undo the plug for the door locks. Drive around some more and see if that stops the locks from acting up. If it does, then it confirms a bad switch. If it doesn't, reinstall the driver's door lock switch and remove the passenger door lock switch. if that doesn't fix it, then we are looking at something a bit more serious and we will deal with that if we get there.

Sheesh, more serious would be bad! I haven't had the problem since but I'm driving into Tampa tonight so if it happens again I guess I'm getting into it tomorrow. Thanks for the info and I hope we don't have to "deal with that if we get there" cause I'm not very good at "dealing" lol! (=

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
BlackExpy, by "more serious", I am saying that we would end up looking at the wiring harness. Unfortunately, the "most likely spot" would be in the door jams. Just a PITA to get at and do a good look. hence why I am saying to start with the easy stuff and then lets see what happens then.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had that problem with my passenger side door switch, when plugged in it would want to keep locking or unlocking things nonstop....since its the passenger door i didnt care so i just unplugged it and havent bothered with it ever since

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my `95 Pathfinder did the same thing,the hard part was getting out of the truck!u had like a millasecond 2 hit the unlock button & open the door or it would lock u in