OOOPS...Need a new front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What way to start out the new year! Long story short I hit a big metal gate and took out the front end of my 08' Expedition this morning. (I was bone sober BTW) Looks like I am going to need a new hood, passenger fender and grille, headlights, etc. My question is has anyone installed a custom hood or the halo headlights I see for sale on Ebay. I don't want a gawdy hood, just something kinda subtle. I haven't found much available on-line in the way of steel hoods for the 08' Expedition. My fear of the Ebay halo headlights is I can assume they are some cheapos made in Taiwan that will last about 6 months then leak, fade or just plain stop working. Anyone have them and what are your thoughts? It's a Limited so I'm probably just putting the stock grille and bumper back on and get another set of the black billet inserts for the grille.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have experience with any of that stuff but I will say you have to post some pics of the carnage. At least you weren't drunk.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
I can't believe after spending several hours on the internet trying to find one that nobody makes a steel aftermarket custom hood. I found an ad for the 3D Carbon bodykit that had a pretty good looking hood on it but I can't find it for sale anywhere. The F-150 of the same year hood won't fit right? 3D Carbon has a decent looking bumper cover but not sure if I want that "body-kit" look, I'm trying to keep it as clean looking as possible.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookk up sonoma...they have a hood for about $800...not sure what its made of....on my list of things to buy...i had a couple sets of headlights from ebay...the halos arent bright so you can buy them and get LED or CCFL halos put in...other than that theyre good...if just got a set of OEMs and got them retrofitted to my liking...going to switch my white halos for green/white LEDs

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Those Sarona hoods look nice but from I could find they only go up to 06' Expeditions. They are fiberglass too and I just really reluctant to do a fiberglass or a carbon fiber hood. Tons of nice hood choices for the F-150 but I have found very little on-line in terms of aftermarket hoods, bumpers, etc for the 07'-current Expedition.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't see where you're located when viewing this from my phone but local to me (Kansas City,MO) a guy on Craigslist has a stock steel hood for $250. Maybe worth checking into shipping for that price if its not close enough to drive.

Victor

Sent from my iPhone 17 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
I'm in FL. I'm pretty sure the factory hood is aluminum. Just had to put a new battery in it today, apparently the hit the front end took shorted out the battery. Meeting with the adjuster on Friday, I'm guessing about $4,500 repair. I think I'm gonna pass on those projector headlights and just get the factory ones put back on it. Hood looks like its not gonna happen so I guess there isn't much customizing I am going to do with this repair. Still kicking around the Carbon 3D front bumper and I kinda like their rear wing but they are almost $400!! Can't see spending that kinda money on that thing.

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the Spyder Halo lights from ebay on my 07 for a few weeks. They just looked a little too ricey for me and I replaced them with a new set of OEM style lights with the black inserts. I'm currently in the process of Retrofitting a set of projectors into them. You can also do a custom grille from e-autogrilles (ebay seller) if You want a different look. They have a big mouth style grille.