Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krakoosh

Reaction score
Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture or am I missing something?

(A) all good
(B) that's why we do our own work, deal with it
(C) go ask for an explanation just to hear it PXL_20230223_145337558.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d bet that the book labor charge to replace the pinion seal includes time to drain and refill the differential housing (for which you were charged one-hour labor in addition to the 1.5-hour labor for the pinion seal).

I have always felt that the generic shop supplies charge is nothing more than theft.

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d bet that the book labor charge to replace the pinion seal includes time to drain and refill the differential housing (for which you were charged one-hour labor in addition to the 1.5-hour labor for the pinion seal).

I have always felt that the generic shop supplies charge is nothing more than theft.
It generally goes into a fund for things like air compressor maintenance, floor dry, air hoses, safety glasses, lift maintenance, garage door maintenance, ...

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
(A) all good
I agree with @Timo2824 That is not bad price for the labor,
I buy all materials and parts needed when i take my truck to the shop it is all in the back.
Most shops add 30% to all parts cost if they have to get them.

OP
OP
K

krakoosh

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback guys. I guess it's just me. I'd be embarrassed to charge an hour to drain and refill. $10? Fine, hand over the unused oil then. I'll take some of the blame as I didn't look at the invoice for a couple days. Time for this old fart to invest in a creeper and get off the concrete floor I suppose.

walshine

Reaction score
I agree with 99WhiteC5Coupe, the "Misc Shop Supplies" charge is generally BS. The dealership I deal with adds 10% of the labor charge, regardless of what service was performed. And nobody can ever explain specifically what supplies were used. Rubs my rhubarb the wrong way!