OTA snyc updates 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traveling Light

Reaction score
I traded my 22 F250 for another Expedtion a 2023 Platinum. We already have 22 Timberline Expedition.

I have tried every trick to get my snyc to update and nothing has worked so far. Its very frustrating to have my 22 have better software than my 23. Every 24 has the upgraded software so I feel like in am in the twilight zone stuck in know-where land.

Every place I check : FordPass , Ford Snyc online and the 800 Sync number all say my software is up to date and its clearly not as I dont have the latest software. Currently running SYNC 4 22277 Product revision 588. My Ford app shows ZERO power-up update history.

The truck inservice date 8/23/23 and i purchased it as a demo on 12/22/23.

Did Ford pause the OTA updates? I have not pressed the dealer yet because every place I look it says the software is current.

Can anyone help ?

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has been a very sore subject for me. I have posted several times including in the past week or so.

We have a 2023 that I bought new in June of this year. Overall I pretty much hate the damn Synch 4a 15” system. But in addition to that, mine has several glitches that should not be doing what it’s doing.

I have actually called Ford motor company twice and spoken to technicians. First, let me say that Ford is very good about customer service calls. They are very quick to answer the phone, and both times they transferred me to somebody who had knowledge of this subject.

I’m not sure if this is good news or bad news, but they have told me that the over the air updates are rolled out in waves based on your serial number. The last guy I talked to, which was just a couple weeks ago pretty much agreed that I should have an update available and could not tell me why I have not gotten it yet or when I should expect it.

More than once they have suggested I take it to my Ford dealer and see if they can force a download. I have spoken with my Ford dealer twice but not recently. Both times they told me that I would have to bring it in and they would check for updates with no guarantees that they would find one. It would be a crapshoot and I would spend probably a good bit of my day doing it. I am 50 miles from the dealer and unlikely they would get to it right away. Also, he could not guarantee me a loaner car and says that that’s not real common anyway.

Mine also keeps showing mine is up to date. Im pretty sure that just means it just hasn’t gotten to my VIN yet. And that’s why I have no confidence taking it to my dealer.

Last edited:

LegalBrief

Reaction score
Guys.. I disagree…. OTA is designed for small fixes, not giant ones.

Traveling light has a demo, with unknown production date. That means it could have a map update or other update blocking the OTA. In addition you must keep the auto update on.

I suggest that you update the map (free, requires big usb drive), then do hard reboot on the informant. Miracles may happen (notice I used the proverbial may)

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Besides being connected WiFi, and Automatic Updates being turned ON, one thing the F150 guys say is to have the Parking Brake Engage. Once I started to do all three of those things it seemed like the OTA Updates started coming in. Setting the Parking Brake is the odd one that not everyone does daily.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Traveling light has a demo, with unknown production date. That means it could have a map update or other update blocking the OTA. In addition you must keep the auto update on.

I suggest that you update the map (free, requires big usb drive), then do hard reboot on the informant. Miracles may happen (notice I used the proverbial may)
Do you even know what we are talking about? Your response makes no sense. Lots of people are getting the Synch 4 updates over the air automatically. The latest one offers additional functionality, not just fixes. My auto update is always on. That’s why it’s “auto”.

Last edited:

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides being connected WiFi, and Automatic Updates being turned ON, one thing the F150 guys say is to have the Parking Brake Engage. Once I started to do all three of those things it seemed like the OTA Updates started coming in. Setting the Parking Brake is the odd one that not everyone does daily.
I’m willing on trying that. My wife drives it most of the time and won’t remember. But it makes me wonder why we can go into the settings and it checks for updates and says there aren’t any at this time If that is the case.

Mack444

Reaction score
I have been suffering the same! What I am now trying (with no success so far) is to drive more than 30 min, park at home, engage parking brake, lock upon exit, hope for update…all after doing some reset/feedback shakedown I watched on YouTube. Hasn’t worked, but will have it at the dealer again soon to have them try in the next weeks anyhow. Good luck to all, and I’ll try to update here if anything happens or changes! I’m in a ‘22 Timberline BTW.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2020 has the older SYNC 3 system, so not sure if it applies, but the only way I could get updates was to download the file to my PC and use the memory stick option. Could never get OTA to work.

OP
OP
T

Traveling Light

Reaction score

Snyc 4a has zero ability to update maps or firmware via USB