P0320 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure you change the boots they aren't expensive and if they are the originals they most likely will pull apart when you remove them The only time I ever had a misfire code come up was on #4 cyl. and it was due to a pinhole burn in the boot.

No offense meant but I totally disagree with the above statement about "The boots don't necessarily ever need to be replaced."

And as stated above use "dielectric grease" on the inside of the boots and the wire

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with other guys, only motorcraft platinums. If you've read this forum, everyone that's tried other plugs ends up taking them out and putting in Ford/ motorcraft platinums. Keep in mind these early first gen expeditions have way too few threads on the heads, so after installing use a torque wrench, not a ratchet. Torque is best around 11 to 15 ft lbs. no more or you can pull threads out of head. Then it's nutsert or heli coil time. Take your time, you'll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MedicMoe

MedicMoe

Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the advice! I'm sure you guys just saved me hours of time and a buttload of money! Should I replace the cam shaft sensor as well? I see rock auto has one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might want to add fuel filter why your already dirty and smelly!

OP
OP
MedicMoe

MedicMoe

Reaction score
I just got one from rockauto. I checked out the clearance prices for the expy, and they had them real cheap. I think I got the fuel filter for $1.57, I bought 2 (all they had)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good deal bub!

OP
OP
MedicMoe

MedicMoe

Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like i'm doing a full tune up of the expy.
Plugs come back for two part numbers: motorcraft SP-479 or Motorcraft SP-405

Boots, coils to the plug boots, (does the brand matter, Airtex are $1.89 on Rockauto and the Motorcrafts are $9.99 each with out the wire.

Camshaft position sensor? since that is what code is being sent to the computer (P0320), are there one or two? I'm getting different results for what is required.

Fuel Filter: Purolater F65277P (Have already)

Oil change : Microguard GL24651 (Have already)

Oil: 5W-20

Air filter was done last oil change (Fram)

Am i missing anything else for the tune up? I want to do it all in one shot. I feel like I'm missing something.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as the boots and coils, Ford is usually the best bet.aftermarket electrical is a crap shoot as to will it work or last. If your engine is a 5.4. Motorcraft plug # is AGSF22W. Always match old plug to new one. Gap is .052 to..056. My parts guy says sp479 on plugs. Only I cam sensor ! 5/20 oil is fine, factory is 5/30oil.