P1288 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deobloexpo

Reaction score
Hey new here and have a couple of ?s
The wife and I just bought a 08 expedition with the 5.4l V-8 in it.
First? Ran a scan test just for giggles and a p1288 came up. Now the question. Would this code cause some shuddering when driving it, say around 45-50 mph? If so how hard and could any one give instructions on changing the bad sensor.
Second? From doing some digging around on the web, I've found some saying that my shuddering that I'm experiencing is or could be from a faulty COP. Could this be true?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
P1288 is a code for cylinder head temperature. From what I understand if that sensor failed it will put the trunknin a limp mode and could cause some studdering. I've personally never had the issue but that's just some info I found in the past. So I would test/replace that cylinder head temp sensor and go from there.

OP
OP
D

deobloexpo

Reaction score
Thanks gixer2000 for the response. Gonna try and replace that sensor this evening as well as now a #4 cylinder misfire code issue. Either plug or COP there. Hoping to have it all done by late tonight so the wifey can drive it finally.