Paaenger side oil leak update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Wood

Reaction score
I changed the oil from 5w20 to 10w30 Quaker State premium, added a bottle of Lucas oil additive and guess what no more oil leak. I have done 5000Km on first oil change now working on second oil change. PS mileage has gone from 15 to 17 MPG. No change in driving habits. Cheaper than 4 grand to fix the gasket.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this might sound silly, but do you have to change oil weight to usee the lucas oil additive, or is it good for any weight oil? i use 5W30 in my expy. I had the head gasket leak fixed 50K miles ago, and it's back. of course my expy isn't under warranty now and i don't want to pay that kind of money to get the leak fixed. thought i'd try the lucas oil additive patch too.

OP
OP
C

Craig Wood

Reaction score
I changed the oil from 5w30 to 10w30 and added the lucas oil treatment. After you have changed the oil, clean the engine and transmission housing with some brake cleaner on a rag. It may take a couple of huindred miles before it stops leaking. If there is serious damage to the gasket this may not work. Keep me posted on the results