Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cth777

Reaction score
Hi- Ive got a 97 black expedition, and Im trying to find a paint to spray on that will match the original paint. We had to sand down and cut out some rust and fill it in with a support and body filler, and so far I can only find touch up matching paint. Any advice?
Thanks

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In our area we have stores that mixes automotive paint there might be one there too or you can just use an aerosol can spray that is near your shade. Some people rhere in the US use a foam roller to apply a paint called rust o leum. Check out posts in the jalopy journal.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can run your model on ETIS and it will tell you the name of your factory color from your VIN. Then you can do what you can.

OP
OP
C

cth777

Reaction score
Yea we tried an aerosol spray we thought would be close but the finish is way different... its workable but I would like better. Ill try ETIS

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have bought auto paint from NAPA. Not all stores can mix paint, so check around. The brand is Martin Senour.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
autozone also has factory paint that matches your code...should be able to get black easy...already in spray form

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt