parking brake light & TPMS dash lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George G.

Reaction score
I was driving to work this morning and all of the sudden, I hear a chime/bell going off....my parking brake light was on and my TPMS light was blinking. I confirmed that my parking brake wasn't set, then started to pull over to check my tires. Before I could even do that, they both turned off at the same time. Tires were still aired up properly. This was about 30 minutes into my commute. Has anyone seen this before?

btw, 07 Expedition EL

OP
OP
G

George G.

Reaction score
Well, looks like this may turn into a visit to the dealer. It came back on this morning as soon as I started the truck. I also noticed that in conjuction with the TPMS and parking brake lights being on...the guage cluster is illuminated, the message center shows Door Ajar and Tire Pressure Monitor Fault, the turn signal indicators don't work(although they still blink on the outside), the automatic lift gate won't open via the dash button and neither heated seats work. AND, when I turn the truck off and lock it, the dash cluster is still on:mad:

The condition remained the whole way here this time. Even through several stop/restarts.

The part that sucks is the Ford dealers around here don't give out loaners. So since this is my only truck, I have to pay for a rental.

OP
OP
G

George G.

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give an update in case some one else has this same problem. Everything started working normal by the time I got home the other day. I was hoping it would stay on long enough to take it to the dealer but no such luck!

However, it flashed for a couple seconds while driving down the hwy earlier this week.

I'm not sure what it could possibly be....

I'm beginning to hate this truck.

OP
OP
G

George G.

Reaction score
I was going to the dealer a couple weeks ago for an oil change and the issue occured again... I was so excited that I'd be able to show the dealer the problem. BUT, it turned off before I got there. They were too packed so I ended up getting it done at a quick lube place.

As strange as this may sound, I think it had something to do with me skipping an oil change. I normally change it every 5,000 miles. But this last time, I just could not find the time to get it changed. I ended up going about 10,000 miles when I finally changed it...but ever since, the problem has not been back at all:confused:

Is it some kind of warning to stop the truck? Could the sensors not funtion correctly with dirty oil? Was it trying to say "hey *******, change my oil"? I have no idea. I wish I would've checked the oil level to see if it's consuming too much but I didn't think about it. All I know is that it hasn't done it ever since. I'll probably check it at my next oil change to see if it gets low after 5,000 miles.

Just thought I'd give an update.