Parts that last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good post Moose, I was wondering the same thing. Mine for the Expedition are all too new, but can say for years I have bought at the various parts houses and they are normally not OEM. And I can't remember of ever having a part fail. And sadly OEM are about as aftermarket/foreign as you can get, most now made overseas. I hope that American auto part companies like Cloyes, Dorman etc. although now made off shore are quality parts. I hope this post shakes out the results of off-shoreing
Lets see if Trumpster can get this manufacturing back home
thanks for the post
Gary

You can't be that obtuse? Do you not understand economics?

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trump has so much money in other country production, it makes him such a hypocrite about United States production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep, thats been "kind of" one of my arguments about them and their import parts. Basically you can buy an american named rig or buy metric. Some of the metric are about as american made as the american name brands.
disappointing

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty amazing that we buy a Toyota assembled in the U.S., and the Ford or Chevy made in Mexico, China, or Russia. Joke is their all competitive on price when new. Can you imagine how ridiculous replacement parts for our trucks and SUVs are going to be, if assembly comes back to our shores. Those $80.00 coils are going to be $180.00 each. Our vehicles are going to be like a Mgb from the 60's, constantly replacing parts, because all everyone's going to be able to buy, is the China, and India trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep, overseas sells, because of cheap suckers like me. Parts now are cheaper then they were back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. If Trump starts the border tax, things certainly will go up. Hard for us to compete against very low wages, no EPA, no OSHA, no labor unions etc. etc.
But I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew it employed Americans. I paid the price back in the day

I read the other day about the comparison about american made Toyotas, Korean rigs and how their profit is expanding and how the American named rigs built overseas is not showing the $$$$$ growth. So I guess we CAN do it here at home

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself