Roof Rack Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a kayak roof rack that clamps onto the factory crossbars. Due to an unfortunate incident involving my spouse and a multi-story parking garage things got banged up a bit. While the kayak rack survived the front crossbar got almost ripped out from the passenger side rail.

The crossbar did not fair well and the part it bolts into on the roof rail is damaged beyond repair. Anyway, I got a new crossbar but it didn't come with the parts inside the rails to attach too. Dealer says I need a whole new rail as the connector isn't sold separately. Quoted me a price north of 1k just for the rail.

Any advice? Anyone know if the dealer is scamming me and I can get the connector without the whole rail? If so, a link or part number would be of great help.

Thx.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a kayak roof rack that clamps onto the factory crossbars. Due to an unfortunate incident involving my spouse and a multi-story parking garage things got banged up a bit. While the kayak rack survived the front crossbar got almost ripped out from the passenger side rail.

The crossbar did not fair well and the part it bolts into on the roof rail is damaged beyond repair. Anyway, I got a new crossbar but it didn't come with the parts inside the rails to attach too. Dealer says I need a whole new rail as the connector isn't sold separately. Quoted me a price north of 1k just for the rail.

Any advice? Anyone know if the dealer is scamming me and I can get the connector without the whole rail? If so, a link or part number would be of great help.

Thx.

Use one of the online Ford parts websites such as FordPartsGiant.com (I have no connection to this site).

Enter your VIN and you can search for the part(s) you need - as they list all that are available separately for the roof rack system. Using your VIN will show specific parts instead of guessing.

After entering your VIN, search under: Body - roof rack systems.

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Junk yard? Seems like somewhat of a common piece that would span several years.

cmc3

Reaction score
The whole rack assembly comes apart. The end caps snap on, I found that large carriage bolts fit the main rails perfectly.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my rack several years ago due to a kayak J-hook crumpling the cross bar in a big crosswind and ripping off the side rail. I saw how the rails were mounted into the roof and won't be carrying anything heavy up there again... Have a trailer for kayaks now.