Passenger Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEltonJ

Reaction score
Driving on the interstate Saturday when my passenger side mirror fell apart. The black outside protector panel had fallen off first and the wind pushed the mirror out causing it to hit the passenger window. It was left dangling by two wires that provide the heated defrosting element. After pulling over, I had to disconnect the two heating element wires and put the mirror glass inside the Expedition to finish my trip. Now I know the outside mirrors last 425,000 miles before coming apart! I've ordered a new mirror off of Ebay for $44 and it should arrive Friday July 31. Any ideas on installing this? I'm thinking about using Gorilla Tape until my mirror arrives.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I replaced the whole passenger side mirror assembly on the 02. Very easy to do. You do have to take the interior door panel off to hook up the wires.
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/removing-2002-expedition-door-panels.4879/
there is also plenty of videos on YouTube just search for 01 expedition door panel removal.

The most important part is, when you get all the screws out of the panel and you are ready to remove lift up towards the sky only after the panel has shifted up then you can pull out towards you.
If the panel does not shift up you have not gotten all the screws.

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
I replaced my factory mirrors with these tow mirrors that I ordered online and I like the results and I like the overall look as well.