PATS advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RevHeat

RevHeat

Reaction score
Yes, it is doing the rapid rate flash when I try to start it. I will look at the transmitter.

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

Rev

OP
OP
RevHeat

RevHeat

Reaction score
For future reference, I took it to the dealer. The PATS problem turned out to be a burned out relay. The dealership claimed it could have been caused by the worn out terminals on my battery. As such, they replaced the relay and terminals. Total amount was $230.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Rev

kwyorman

Reaction score
Rev! Which relay was it? I'm having a no start problem right now that I believe is caused by the PATS. It just started out of the blue and I've changed everything that could have caused it. Please, please PLEASE let me know ASAP.
I would love you forever!

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worn out battery terminals? That doesn't make sense to me. The battery would wear out before the terminals would. Was it the cables? Did they explain how that could wear out the relay?

Glad you got it fixed. Really strange resolution though.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
... PATS problem turned out to be a burned out relay. The dealership claimed it could have been caused by the worn out terminals on my battery. As such, they replaced the relay and terminals.

The wording of the "resolution" is a bit strange. He says the dealer told him he had worn out terminals on his battery. So...they replaced the terminals? Probably meant the battery cable terminals with broken , frayed or loose (not worn) wire. Makes me wonder what he meant by "relay"...

Last edited:
OP
OP
RevHeat

RevHeat

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion guys. I was trying to post to fast yesterday. It was the PCM relay that was faulty and the battery terminal clamps were bad.

B

bedrck46

if you look at the wiring diagram for the pats system there is no relay in that circuit. But being the Pats send a signal to the PCM if the PCM relay was bad that would cause a no start problem